State governments should be bailed out for the same reason that businesses that are too large to fail have been bailed out. If those banks are too large to fail, then certainly State and many county governments are too large to fail. More people have more at stake in most state governments than there are people with a stake in any particular company. If there is any private business that is too important to fail, then certainly state governments are too important to fail too.
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Is A Better Bubble Inflating the Stock Market?
- Unions Hate Secret Ballot
- Democrats Eager To Rekindle Republican Revolution
- Short-term Stimulus with Long-term Benefits
- Ticking Inflation Bomb
- Bailout Companies That Keep Workers
- International Bailout Competition Begins
- Are Industry Bailouts Legal?
- Free Markets Need Rules?